Thursday, June 2, 2016

Industriya Marikina



Another good thing about living in Antipolo is you're only 20 minutes away from Marikina which..... has recently been gaining fame and attraction for numerous delicious and cool new restaurants. Lilac street to be exact has restaurants one after the other with all different cuisines. We'll talk about Lilac some other time.

Anyway, we went to Industriya Marikina for Andio's pre birthday lunch. Note: its not located on Lilac lol but still in Marikina. I was trying to find a unique and coy place for this day and since we've already tried so many restaurants I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found this on the internet.

Industriya Marikina is a gigantic place. Shoe factory turned into now restaurant and events place, its a perfect place to enjoy food, have parties and pretty much every corner is Instagram worthy.








Once you are seated they give complementary popcorn munchmunch


and of course the menu. Seriously their menu is like 30 pages long. Luckily I looked up ahead of time what would be best to order coz it would really take you a long time to go through every single dish.

They do offer a variety of food. From Japanese to Filipino to American to Italian and more.

This is what we got

 Longganisa Fries
These are one of their best sellers. Honestly, I was intrigued of how they would incorporate longganisa and the fries but it was just like crumbles of longganisa onto the fries and lots of cheese. But overall it was good and the serving was really big.

 Tiger Prawns Mac & Cheese  php 350

This. was. so. good. and for tiger prawns I thought it was a reasonable price.

 Pan Seared Tenderloin  php 450

His choice as he is a meat lover.

 Sugpo sa Aligue (shrimps in crab fat) php 450

Just to say after an hour I turned red from an allergic reaction to this. Note: I'm not allergic to anything, or so I thought, but too much shrimp plus the crab fat really knocked me out. So just a tip, only order 1 shrimp dish.

 Choco lava cake  php 128


 and a house complementary dish kalamansi cake? muffin? cupcake? lol I fogot what it was called but they gave it to us to try and it was good from my perspective.

 I think this is the most famous part of the restaurant for people to take pictures of.
But its BEAUTIFUL. Probably prettier at night.


Here are more pictures of the place

 fancy pancy dining table

Shoe stairway

 I want a vintage library like this so badly

 Fresh popcorn!

 Another fancy lighting setup

 So when I went to the ladies room I was just amazed of how big and nice it was so yes I took pictures of the bathroom.




 There was a big glass wall in the bathroom where you could see this garden.







Outside area


Old machinery turned into interior design pieces


And like I said it is an events place. Their hall is pretty big and is spacious for events like weddings and banquets that can cater up to 400 people. Now the venue is free but you have to book catering from them for minimum of php 30,000  consumable on food. And if you see the place it really is a good deal.




And here's the birthday boy!!!!



Happy Birthday to my favorite person.



So since I planned this ahead of time, I called the restaurant to make reservations (not needed just so you know) and gave them a heads up about it being his birthday, They prepared the cake ahead of time (it was the waitresses idea) but the funny thing was when we were there like 5 waiters were just watching us. Like 10 feet away in this formation just watching us. Hahaha we thought it was weird but funny. In the back of my head I was wondering if they were waiting for me to signal about the cake, so I went to the restroom and talked to one of their employees after we had our last dish. When I got back, they served the cake, gave a complimentary dish, sang a birthday song and then poof! they stopped watching us. It's hard to story out but it was just really funny. So I guess I can say their service is exquisite.


Conclusion: The restaurant is a really nice place for dates, business meetings or family dinners. Comfy,cozy and the food is delish. Although its a little more pricey than most restaurants in Marikina, it still is a nice place to visit every once in a while for meals or for drinks.





23 MA Roxas Street, Calumpang, Marikina City
Teleophone: 632- 9225
Open Daily: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm



1 comment: