Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sulok cafe

It's like every month a new restaurant/ cafe is opening here in Antipolo. 

Lo and behold SULOK Cafe.









Our table sa sulok. 


 The Menu

 For some reason, chalk paint is a thin now, It looks nice and yes I want a chalk painted wall in my house but too many restaurants are using this,

Anyway, the ambiance of Sulok cafe is actually nice. We went there when they were still on their soft opening. The walls, lighting, and all interior I approve of. Not the most comfy cafe but it is nice to my taste. My taste in food though is highly different.

You have to order and pay first at the counter for your orders. It's more of self service which is no problem for me. I mean Starbucks and other cafes are the same.

Cappuccino 


Spicy Chicken Bagizza

Fish Tacos




Okay so honestly, I didn't like the food or the drinks. The coffee was barako probably from batangas or somewhere. I had to add sugar or muscuvado (they don't use regular sugar) coz the cappuccino was just off. They are a bit over priced. And for the drinks, like a regular shake is 130 then a large is 230? so unless its doubled in size literally, I don't know how they calculated that.  

I don't want to make lait every dish one by one but 1-10 this cafe I give 2 for the food and maybe 6 for the interior. Haha parang super professional magcriticize e noh.

The one thing I did enjoy though was that you can write on the chalk wall.




TADAH!



I think the only reason we visited this place was because it is located right outside our village and this was a week of continuous rain. Yung nakakatamad na bed weather. 


So if you want to give it a try here are the details. 
BTW, they have free wifi


SULOK CAFE
11 AM - 12 midnight 
Second Floor, Okinari Arcade Building,
L. Sumulong Memorial Circle, 
San Roque, Upper Antipolo


3 comments:

  1. I went here last week and I love it! I think they've improved so much since you came :)

    Chel
    www.heyitschel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Briana!

    Rods here, I co-own Sulok Cafe with my partner, Andy.

    Thank you very much for this honest review. Really, reviews like this are treated with utmost importance because these are the reviews that would help establishments like mine improve. But please do allow me to respond to your points accordingly. Personally, I would prefer to get reviews like yours as this would really jumpstart a lot of improvements in my business.

    On the coffee, Cappuccinos are traditionally served without adding sugar. It's a combination of espresso, milk and foam. No sugar added, it is usually the drinker's discretion to add sugar or drink it as it is. The "Barako" impression that you got is probably because of the amount of espresso I put in your drink. The amount of espresso I put is based on my personal standards for coffee when mixed with milk, which is strong, slightly bitter, but the aroma and richness remains even if it's combined with milk. But rest assured that what I used are pure Arabica beans. What gave the "Barako" effect I believe was mainly because it's too strong. Admittedly, I do make my coffee extra strong by default. And yes, I do not recommend people to use regular sugar cause coffee is better drank with Muscovado. It tastes different and it complements coffee better. Not a lot of people get to appreciate Muscovado and are used to using processed sugar, but really, my belief is coffee should be drank with Muscovado. Right now, I already have some processed sugar ready for people over my self-service counter since some customers look for it.

    For the Frappe, yes, it is almost double the size and is actually good for 2. I don't recall showing the size difference to you guys, so probably next time, I'll have some actual glasses displayed over the counter for people to visualize. How I calculated the cost is based on the standard calculation used by most businessmen which is based on the expenses and cost of goods. Actually, the location of an establishment dictates a lot for the price of goods.

    The writing on the wall thing actually goes with the whole brand identity I want my brand to have more than what's "uso". One of the habits that people do when we retreat to our own "sulok" is we vandalize on the walls. So since this place is "Sulok Cafe", I give people the liberty to vandalize, hence, the chalk, black walls and scribbles from my customers. Glad you liked it! :)

    Lastly, I do encourage you to criticize the food one by one or make "lait". :) Cause again, this is what makes establishments better.

    Should you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em out. Please do feel free to get in touch with us. Here's our e-mail: sulokcafe@gmail.com

    Again, thank you for the review. :)

    Hope to see you guys soon again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the explanation. More blessings to your cafe :)

      Delete